If you have not done so, check out my post about Celibacy. It provides you with some background info about celibacy.
If you have had sexual relations in the past, than restraining from sex can be challenging. However, it is not impossible to do. You have to first have a made up mind. Secondly, identify why you are celibate. Third, be honest with yourself and the individuals you are dating and or in a committed relationship with.
Dating when you have decided to practice celibacy can be tricky if you are not 100% confident in your decision to take this journey. You will have men that will tell you they are not able to date and or be in a committed relationship with you if you are not involved sexually. I am not going to lie, it does hurt a bit, especially if you like the person. However, it is best to get rid of the guys who are only with you because of sex. Now some men will be honest and just tell you they cannot and do not want to partake in a celibate lifestyle, and that does not mean they are bad people. It just means they are not for you.
When you truly commit to being celibate and you start actively dating, you learn a lot about yourself and the kind of men you want. You learn to understand your needs and wants, and you pay very close attention to what his needs and wants are as well. You quickly weed out the boys who just want sex from you and notice the men who have more to offer you than wet panties (excuse my bluntness). You gain a sense of confidence about yourself and your worth, and honey when you have discovered your self worth…NO MAN will be able to take that from you.
Here are a few tips on how to date successfully while being celibate:
- Be honest with the guy you are on a date with and or dating. Tell him you are celibate and you are not having sex until you are married. Do not tell him in a way where you are giving him a ultimatum. However, tell him in a way where you are just voicing what you want out of any serious relationship. (I would not bring this up on the first date either).
- Date men who are on the same path as you or who are open to the idea of being celibate. Dating men who are already and or are open to practicing celibacy will help you stay on the correct path of your journey.
- DO NOT be afraid to walk away or stop dating men who do not want to practice celibacy. If he has told you that he does not want to and or does not see himself not have sexual relations with any woman he is involved with, please believe him. YOU CANNOT CHANG HIS MIND.
- Journal about each date and talk to a friend or family member you trust about your journey. I advise to only talk to supportive people about your celibacy journey. The harsh truth of it all is most people cannot imagine a relationship (even if dating) without sex, and most people are not supportive. Talking to someone who is supportive of your decision will help you to stay on track.
- Enjoy the journey! Get to know yourself. Learn to truly love yourself and all of your assets. Be confident in your decision to practice celibacy and DO NOT LET ANYONE CHANGE YOUR MIND.
Just like with anything, it does take sometime for Mr. Right to come along. However, when he does, you will know. Whether he is practicing or willing to practice celibacy with you, it will be a great journey for the both of you! Just remember to be patient and enjoy dating!
Like. Comment. Share